"Lo, The Toast and The Butter arrived on this world and granted us with The Jam, a sweet substance that sustained life and gave us hope that the aliens would indeed satiate our hunger.
However, they could not comprehend the madness The Egg and The Bacon brought to the table, nor would they understand the carnage The Fork and The Knife wielded, like some unholy cutting and prodding thing also known as The Utensil.
They called this The Breakfasting. The ancient ones called it Part of a Balanced Meal, but our mere mortal tongues could never wrap themselves around one syllable. This is why you are listening to a holotape voiceover from a mad The Toast Prophet, for he has witnessed the true malefactor in this The Breakfasting.
For you see, no one: Not The Toast, The Butter, The Jam, The Egg, The Bacon, or the unholy alliance of The Utensil could comprehend the true evil brewing in their midst: The Coffee. It is said The Coffee has power untold, and stimulates the cycle yet again, making the Breakfasting happen over a 25,000 year period, accepting those races who would be one with The Coffee and accept The Grind as their The Lord and The Savior.
I hope you are not too late, weary travelers, for the time of The Breakfasting is upon us!”
There, I just tied in breakfast, Destiny (and Denny’s for some cross promotion / product placement), a little Mass Effect, and perhaps another generic sci-fi series and / or game that might or might not apply…
…And now I want to wage my own The Breakfasting.
Gawker (Kotaku) comment of the day by Matthew Eaton
Styliztik Jones - Copenhagen
Real Hip-Hop is not dead
[M] Productions 27 minutes ago
because of some kids , now all games for pc will start to have massive delays because of piracy
THANK YOU, YOU CHEAP FUCKS
5 (Seemingly Obvious) Content Strategy Tips
1. Know Your Audience – Knowing who consumes your content, where they come from, when they consume, what they consume and in what volume, is invaluable. This kind of customer insight can inform so many different content decisions, from creation to scheduling.
2. Be consistent - Update with regularity. Consistent updates help create consistent audiences.
3. Create editorial events - Develop content around upcoming tentpoles, so that when users are searching for content around a specific event, you already have something for them. Be preactive with your content creation, not reactive.
Note: Deciding what your editorial events are should lead to the creation of an Editorial Calendar.
4. Post a schedule - Create a schedule that is accessible to users. Scheduling transparency helps users know when to come back for new content.
5. Review incoming search data - Incoming search data is helpful in finding out what your users are looking for on your site and what they are not finding when they get there.
And, I think it’s also missing the point if you’re going after the same people. Michelle Phan might have 26 million subscribers, and she might be able to get people to show up to a convention, but you’re not going to get the same kind of trust levels as a result of her size. The bigger somebody is, the less you’re going to trust them as a spokesperson. The smaller channels, say, if you have 100K subscribers, it’s going to feel more intimate, the community is going to feel like they matter more, and they are valued more. And so, I think for brands that are only going after the very top, they are missing a lot of the point of YouTube as a social network.
How the PG-13 rating changed the world.
Japanese Guardians of the Galaxy trailer with Google translated copy below.
Population odd man out of the universe, challenge the crisis for the Galaxy survival! Latest long-awaited Marvel Studios “Avengers” and “Iron Man” is give, it is the universe action adventure of a grand stage “Guardians Of Galaxy over “. From being drawn, it was involved in a fight that was multiplied by the survival space around the power stone of mysterious treasure hunter bad luck one universe, adventure fellow of the universe the most evil and Peter Quill. Now , unconventional heroes are, by storm in the universe! September 13, 2014 (Saturday) 2D / 3D